The G.E.N.E. Graduate School at the University of Paris integrates the best teaching and research strengths in genetics and epigenetics including internationally-renowned research laboratories, cutting-edge technology platforms and interdisciplinary training programs to prepare students for tomorrow’s challenges in genetics and epigenetics research. We are one of France’s leading universities with a strong reputation in life sciences and biomedical research. Located in the heart of Paris on a state-of-the-art campus, the university attracts top students from around the world. In 2019, Paris Diderot University will merge with Paris Descartes University to form the University of Paris.
G.E.N.E. offers 10 Masters fellowships to recruit highly motivated and talented international students. In the 1st semester, students will attend classes in English covering a wide range of topics in genetics. This is followed by a research internship with a choice of 200 host laboratories across the city of Paris.
DESCRIPTION OF THE FELLOWSHIP FUNDING
• A student scholarship of 5K€
• A research stipend during the 6 month internship
• Simplified access to CROUS student housing (subject to availability)
Most host laboratories for the internships are part of the newly-created University of Paris. Choice of laboratory and compliance with the terms of the fellowship will be validated by the Master’s teaching team.
• Master 1 (or equivalent) obtained in a country other than France
• Candidates must hold non-French citizenship
• Completed application before the call deadline
• Admission to the Master 2 of the European Magistère of Genetics
Note: an application for the fellowship does not represent an application to the Masters Program, which must be carried out via the specific procedure after the fellowship results are known (see above).
• Closing date for applications: 5th May 2019
• Information and application form on this link
• Send completed application form assembled into a single pdf document including all the additional documents requested before 5th May 2019 to:
For questions regarding the fellowship, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Link for the Masters’ Program 2nd year (in English)
Website of the Master’s Program (in French)