top of page
- Wed 07 Dec07WedDecAFRAN Forum 2022/Swinburne University of Technology07 Dec 2022, 9:00 am AEDT – 08 Dec 2022, 4:30 pm AEDTSwinburne University of Technology, John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122, AustraliaEach year, AFRAN runs a Forum to exhibit and discuss current cooperation and areas of future cooperation upscaling potential. The theme for 2022 is “Innovative Planet”.
- Tue 08 Nov08TueNov(Re)building together: A Fair(er) Society/Acton08 Nov 2022, 5:30 pm – 09 Nov 2022, 9:00 pmActon, Lawson Cres, Acton ACT 2601, AustraliaDiscriminations have always existed in human societies, fueling our bias and creating inequalities. Despite a current effort to restore the stories of minorities or discriminated people, there is still much to do in order to change our ways of living together.
- Tue 08 Nov08TueNovMechanics and thermodynamics of living systems/Workshop08 Nov 2022, 8:30 amWorkshopThe goal of this workshop is to foster perspective-taking in mechanical modelling of living systems.
- 26 Aug 2022, 10:00 am – 11:30 am AWSTPerth, Perth Cultural Centre, Perth WA 6000, AustraliaCome and learn about waves as an alternative energy source in WA and the exiting research conducted locally.
- Fri 19 Aug19FriAugRéseau + Apéro!/Puna'auia19 Aug 2022, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm GMT-10Puna'auia, 99GP+4RH, PK 13,200, Puna'auia 98703, French PolynesiaJoin us to the networking event of the French-Australian Association for Research and Innovation (AFRAN), listen to guest speakers and meet others who want to promote opportunities in the Pacific.
- Wed 17 Aug17WedAugWomen in Science | Health & Medicine/Hybrid (Sydney + online)17 Aug 2022, 5:30 pmHybrid (Sydney + online), Sydney NSW, AustraliaFor the Australian Science week, AFRAN is organising a film screening and panel discussion to discuss the challenges encountered by women in their scientific careers in Australia and in France, where the structure and organisation of the research and funding landscapes are significantly different.
- Thu 14 Jul14ThuJulBastille Day French Festival/Hybrid (Melbourne & Online)14 July 2022, 4:30 pm AEST – 17 July 2022, 5:00 pm AESTHybrid (Melbourne & Online), Melbourne VIC, AustraliaThis year, the annual Bastille Day French Festival will include a series of roundtables adressing science topics such as Revolutionary ideas to Tackle Climate Change, and Collaboration to Cure.
- Thu 14 Jul14ThuJulBastille Day's Café scientifique/Adelaide14 July 2022, 2:00 pmAdelaide, Adelaide SA, AustraliaJoin the AFRAN community for the first session of our South Australia Café scientifique series with a conversation around: The meaning and history behind Bastille day.
- 17 June 2022, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm AWSTMuseum Boola Bardip, Perth Cultural Centre, Perth WA 6000, AustraliaThe next session in our 2022 Café scientifique series will provide an introduction to the history of nuclear fusion, and an update on how close fusion may be to becoming a main contributor to the world’s energy mix. This lecture is delivered by Martin Storey, a French-born-and-bred, Perth-base
- Sun 12 Jun12SunJunYouth Perspectives from Tahiti/Webinar12 June 2022, 8:00 pm GMT-10WebinarTourism is a vital industry for the prosperity of the Pacific. The effects of the pandemic were felt in French Polynesia, impacting the local economy and community. What does the future hold for Tahiti after this period? Listen to four young people share their thoughts and vision.
- Mon 13 Jun13MonJunSocial Responsibility of Algorithms 2022/Eventbrite13 June 2022, 9:00 am – 17 June 2022, 6:00 pmEventbriteThis first workshop in the Algorithmic Futures Policy Lab series will focus on algorithmic fairness, explicability / interpretability, trust, privacy, and decision autonomy, with the aim of identifying mutually influential challenges and opportunities for technology and policy-development.
- 31 May 2022, 6:30 pm GMT+2Paris, 4 Rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris, FranceThe Australian Embassy to France cordially invite you to a lecture (in French) hosted by French biologist Frédéric Thomas, focused on the study of transmissible cancer in Tasmanian devil populations. The conference will include a presentation, followed by a Q&A session, networking, and a book sig
- 09 May 2022, 9:00 am – 11:00 amWebinarThis webinar is dedicated to the metrology for water systems and aims to share knowledge and experience between France and Australia.
- 05 Apr 2022, 4:00 pm – 07 Apr 2022, 7:00 pmHybrid Event - Online and in MelbourneJoin us to celebrate World Health Day through a three-day symposium covering some of the main health issues of today: tropical diseases, cardiovascular disease and neurosystem disorders. More than ever, science cooperation will be required to tackle these challenges!
- Thu 03 Mar03ThuMarCélébrons les 400 ans de Molière/Location is TBD03 Mar 2022, 6:00 pmLocation is TBDPour célébrer le 400e anniversaire de Molière, votre club alumni Australie vous propose de vous retrouver à Sydney pour une conférence exceptionnelle live depuis Paris par Georges Forestier, professeur émérite à Sorbonne Université le jeudi 3 mars à 6 pm (heure de Sydney).
- 01 Mar 2022, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm AEDTSofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, AustraliaThe Australian Institute for Infectious Diseases (AIID) and the Australian-French Association for Research and Innovation (AFRAN) will hold a joint symposium in-person and online, showcasing French and Australian research and co-operation on infectious diseases with a global impact.
- Thu 17 Feb17ThuFebFAR in Antarctica/Hobart17 Feb 2022, 9:00 am – 18 Feb 2022, 7:00 pmHobart, Hobart TAS, AustraliaFAR in Antarctica is an event celebrating Australian-French cooperation in all fields of science in Antarctica. Join us for 2 days of photo exhibitions, film screening and science lectures!
- Fri 28 Jan28FriJanRESEAU + APERO/Paris28 Jan 2022, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm GMT+1Paris, 49 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine, 75011 Paris, FranceThe AFRAN Alumni community invites you to the Fitzroy Paris for an exclusive event promoting cultural, study and employment exchanges between France and Australia.
bottom of page